India has announced their 15 member squad for the 2023 ODI World Cup. The squad is full of those players that were in the team for a while and there are so many surprises in the team which is good news. This shows that the Indian team is focused and they know what to do which has not been the case in the last few years. As they say it is better not to fix anything which is not broken. Sometimes the simplest things are the best.
Check out here India’s Schedule for 2023 Cricket World Cup
Let’s look at the 15 member squad for the 2023 ODI World Cup
Rohit Sharma – Captain
Surya Kumar Yadav
Talking points from the Squad :
1) The team looks settled and the same group of players are playing the World Cup that have been in the team for a couple of years.
2) The batting is very good as Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer are there.
3) The wicket keeping options for India are varied as there is a left handed keeper in Ishan Kishan and a right handed keeper in KL Rahul.
4) The all rounders and the spinners are top quality as Hardik Pandya and Shardul are the fast bowling all rounders while Ravindra Jadeja and Axar Patel are the spin bowling all rounders. Kuldeep Yadav is the specialist left arm wrist spinner.
5) The fast bowling group is one of the best in the world but there is no variety. Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammad Siraj and Mohammad Shami will lead the pace attack for India at the World Cup.
Also Read: ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 Schedule