The T20I team was not the only team that was selected vs Sri Lanka as the ODI team was also chosen and we saw some newsprints here as well which we will talk about below in the article. The Indian team is in preparation for the World Cup in 2023 in India and there are only 10 months left so the preparation has to be absolutely perfect.
This team was mostly on expected lines but a couple of big decisions have been taken by the selectors as well and I have to say some are timely and some are shocking. So, let’s look at the ODI Team vs Sri Lanka below
Rohit Sharma – Captain
Surya Kumar Yadav
Hardik Pandya – Vice Captain
What This Team Means
The team that has been selected means a lot of things so without wasting any time let’s look at the things that it means
1) The vision is for the ODI World Cup and this will be the set of players that will be in the scheme of things till that time.
2) It looks like a Final decision on Shikhar Dhawan has been taken by the selectors and he will no longer be in the team for the ODI set-up going forward and new openers will be tried in the best series.
3) Rishabh Pant is not in the ODI team and this is a decision that is shocking because he has done so well in the past and it also looks like he has got a knee injury so hopefully he will make a comeback as soon as he recovers.
4) There are a good mix of youth and experience in this team as Kuldeep Yadav gets his chance in this team and it is good to see Umran Malik in this team as well.
5) Jasprit Bumrah and Ravindra Jadeja are still not fit and when they are available then they will come into the team for the next series.