Mohamed Salah is an Egyptian International who was born on June 15, 1992 in Nagrig, Basyoun, Egypt. His primary position is the Right Wing and he has also played in various roles, the centre forward, the left wing and even sometimes as a second striker. He currently plies his trade at Liverpool FC and helped them win the UEFA Champions League in 2019 and the Premier League after 3 decades in 2020. He is a left footed player who stands at 1.75m. As for his stats, his total count stands at 184 goals and 97 assists out of 422 matches in his club career.
Salah started his senior career with Egyptian club El Mokawloon in the early years of this decade, departing shortly thereafter to join Swiss first league side Basel for an undisclosed fee. In Switzerland, his performances attracted Premier League side Chelsea, who signed him in 2014. However, he was used very less in his debut season and was allowed to leave on loans to Serie A clubs Fiorentina and Roma, with the latter seeing the spark and eventually signing him permanently for €15 million. Following his role in helping Roma to a second-placed finish, a good Champion’s League run and a club record points-tally in 2017, Salah returned to the Premier League to sign for Liverpool FC for a then club-record fee of £36.9 million.
Salah after returning to England, adapted his game from being a natural winger to a forward, going on to break many individual records for a 38-game season and subsequently receiving the Premier League Golden Boot after netting 32 goals in 36 league games. He had also won the PFA Players' Player of the Year with Liverpool.
For his country, Salah has been representing Egypt from the youth level, where he helped them reach the final of the 2017 AFCON and was top scorer during CAF qualification to make the team qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Mohamed Salah is considered one of the best players in the World right now, courtesy to the blistering form he has been from his time in Roma.
Some facts of Mohamed Salah:
1) Salah is fondly called “The Pharaoh” while few call him ‘The Egyptian Messi’. Salah ‘The Egyptian King’, ‘Muslim Messi’, ‘Pyramid Pele’, ‘Desert Dalglish’, ‘Cairo Cristiano’, ‘Halal Hazard’, ‘Ramadan Robben’, ‘Sand Suarez’, and ‘Bearded Maradona’ are some of his lesser-known nicknames.
2) Salah is a fan of ‘Kushari’ a famous Egyptian dish consisting of a base of rice, lentils, and pasta mixed together with garlic vinegar and a spiced tomato sauce.
3) Salah is a huge fan of Leonardo Di Caprio and actor Khaled El Nabawy.
4) Salah is also a huge fan of the American professional boxer, activist, and philanthropist, Muhammad Ali Clay.
5) Salah has a wife, Magi Mohamed who he married in 2017 and they are blessed with a daughter, Makkah Mohamed.
Take a look at some of the best performances by Mohamed Salah